Difference b/w LMIA and Work Permit

What’s the difference between an International Experience Canada work permit and other work permits?

You can get an International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit only if

  • you’re a foreign youth who’s eligible for IEC;
  • you have a profile in an IEC pool; and
  • you’ve received an invitation to apply for a work permit.

IEC is part of the International Mobility Program, which means employers who hire IEC participants do not need to complete a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).